Tech Tips: Text-Formatting Shortcuts for Illustrator
Tech Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Tech Tips
- • Leading Like a Pro
- • Become A Keyboard Shortcut Superman
- • Master the Light With Custom White Balance
- • Spot, Heal, Clone: The Perfect Combination
- • 4 Illustrator Hacks You Didn't Know You Needed
- • Preflighting: The Perfect Launch
- • Think Inside the Box with Grid Systems
- • Caring for the Widows and Orphans
- • Fix Distorted Photos
- • Using Clipping Paths in InDesign CS5
- • Text-Formatting Shortcuts for Illustrator
- • Fine Tuning Typography
- • Straightening a Crooked Photo
- • Real-Time CMYK Previews
- • Compose Yourself!
- • Acrobat's Dictionary on Demand
- • Fixing a Problem Photo
- • The Secret of Good Forms
- • Understanding Compound Paths
Text-Formatting Shortcuts for Illustrator
You like to save time, right? And you care about puppies, true?
In design (or any business), time is money. Anything that can save a few seconds and eliminate tedium is a good thing. Shortcut key combinations do both.
Of course, designers typically fall into one of three camps when it comes to using shortcut key combinations. The first group use them religiously. The second prefer the mouse. The third would use shortcut combinations... if only they could remember them. If you fall into that third category, here's a list of text-formatting shortcut key combinations built into Adobe Illustrator:
So what does any of this have to do with puppies? Nothing really. We were just curious.
by Deke McClelland
Technology writer Deke McClelland shares the fundamentals of Adobe Illustrator CS5, with step-by-step tutorials designed to help you get the most out of this powerful software. Lessons provide guidance and advice, with real-world projects you can try and multiple-choice quizzes to take along the way. The book includes access to six hours of web video, as well, hosted by the author.